As promised, here’s my long list of people I need to thank. I really hope I don’t forget anyone because there have been so many people who helped me create my debut historical romance novel, CHARLENE AND THE DUCHESS FACTORY. Here goes!
Heartfelt thanks to:
- Mom and dad, who filled our house with books, tried to teach us Latin, and took us to England when I was eleven, where I decided I wanted to live in the Victoria and Albert Museum, and became a lifelong Anglophile.
- My sister, whose boyfriend bought her a set of 100 romance novels from eBay to get her through a particularly dark Alaskan winter, for being my historical researcher, critique partner, and best friend.
- My husband, for building me wood fires, giving me space to be creative, and showing me the meaning of true love.
- Eloisa James, for so eloquently championing the romance genre and starting me on the path to ruin romance writing.
- Everyone I met through Avon FanLit, especially Tessa Dare, Courtney Milan, and Maggie Robinson. Your friendship, encouragement, and inspiration have made all the difference.
- Kerensa, Maire, Delilah, Rachel, Reed, Laura, Sheri, Evelyn, Lisa, and Patty (ack! hope I didn’t forget anyone!) for reading early drafts and chapters, and for giving me such insightful feedback.
- The 2014 Golden Heart® Dreamweavers – I’m so honored to be a part of this talented, supportive community. We’ve had a lot to celebrate lately, and I hope the good news keeps rolling in. Pop that prosecco, Nan!
- The Nonfiction Vixens, for all the malbec, skype dates, critiques, and for being the best BFF’s in the world. Miss you so much and love you so much!
- To my agent, Alexandra. I know how to pronounce your last name. You’re the absolute best!
- To the Romance Writers of America, and special thanks to Carol Ritter, for organizing the Golden Heart® award for unpublished authors, giving hope and opportunity to romantic dreamers like me.
- Jen, Liz, and Robin – signing up for your badass table at The Golden Network Retreat was the best decision I ever made. You hooked me up! Cocktails and karaoke on me in NY.
- To Patty at The Romance Dish, for inviting me to guest blog and for believing in my book.
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books – I’ve been following Sarah (and Candy) since the beginning – thanks so much for the belly laughs and for providing such a brainy, irreverent forum for all things man-titty and romance.
- To anyone who reads this blog and who is following my career…I can’t wait to be able to share my first book with you! Thank you so much for visiting.
- And, finally, to all the romance authors who inspire and challenge me. The list is far too lengthy, but here’s a photo of a few desert island keepers from my collection. Several influential authors are missing from the photo (Pam Rosenthal, Laura Kinsale, Lisa Kleypas and a million others) because I keep lending books to convert new romance readers. Thank you so much for sharing your talent, vision, and perfectly satisfying happily-ever-afters with the world!
Answer one of the questions below or just leave me a comment and let me know you’re reading. I’ll randomly choose a commenter to win a lovely fair trade 100% alpaca scarf from Bolivia in the color of your choice!
- What are you thankful for right now?
- Can you guess which three of the books in the photo thank me in the acknowledgements page?
- Is one of your favorite books in the photo?